Driving Rehabilitation Courses / Driving Tuition
On-Road Driving Assessment
Assessment of an individual’s capacity to drive a car on the public roads from a Medical Fitness To Drive (MFTD) perspective. Generally a healthcare professional (typically a GP, Consultant or Occupational Therapist) submits a referral for their client to be assessed to determine the client’s suitability to drive.
Assessment consists of:
- Off road physical assessment
- In car stationary assessment
- On-road driving assessment
Immediately following the on-road assessment, a review session will be carried out to provide feedback on performance and to identify and analyse any areas of concern. Family members are encouraged to join for the review process.
A comprehensive outcome driving report is then documented and provided to both the client and to the referring healthcare practitioner, outlining the formal recommendation for medical fitness to drive.
Appointments may be conducted in the client’s locality on road networks they are familiar with.
All assessments carried out by our specifically trained & qualified On Road Driving Assessors (ORDA’s).
Driving rehabilitation courses / Driving Tuition
- Our driving rehabilitation courses involve assisting clients return to drive following a serious illness / injury via structured lessons.
- Driving tuition may be offered to clients who require the use of specific adaptations e.g. hand controls or left foot accelerators etc.
- Refresher courses are also offered to assist our clients remain up-to-date with road policy.
Tuition is offered for such courses in our fleet of driving school cars.
All courses carried out by our team of Specialist Approved Driving Instructors.
Adapted car rental
Vehicle delivery and collection provided!
We offer the possibility for our clients to gain practice time using the following adaptations installed as standard in our adapted cars.
- Push/pull hand controls with integrated indicator switch
- Steering wheel spinner (quick release)
- Left/right foot accelerator
- Infra-red controller
- Headrest indicators
- Ring accelerator
- Easy release handbrake
- Tripod / tuning fork steering wheel aids
- Mirror adaptations
- Rail extensions
- Pedal guards
All adaptations NSAI approved and certified.
We offer comprehensive advice and consultancy services on the following areas…
- Primary Medical Cert
- Liaison with NSAI adaptation companies
- Ergonomics assessment
- Tax Relief Scheme for drivers and passengers with disabilities
- Parking permits
- Liaison with GP’s and NDLS
- Demonstration of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAV’s) / ‘Drive-From
The overall objective of our driving services is to promote the clients independence to drive where possible by providing driving rehabilitation, providing tuition, recommending the use of adaptations to overcome any deficits or indeed to suggest driving within certain parameters to ensure the safety of all road users.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Make aN ENQUIRY TODAY
We can provide you with…
On road driving assessment.
Driving Rehabilitation course.
Driving Refresher course.
Adapted car rental.
We will revert to you within 24 hours